Thursday, December 17, 2009


IMG_2564

This is my LONG overdue quilting project that I just finished a couple of days ago! My brother has had his doubts that I'd ever finish. I purchased all of this fabric (except for the natural linen) from a store in Mill Valley called Ambatalia. Though sadly no longer, you can actually contact Molly through Ambatalia's blog for all kinds of enviro-friendly fabric. In any case, the fabric used for this quilt comes from one of the few remaining plant indigo suppliers in Japan called Tsurukichi -specifically dyed by master indigo dyer Yasuo Nakajima. I constantly kick myself for not having bought more fabric!


IMG_2566

IMG_2567

Quilt

The quilt is reversible with a different pattern on the back, again using plant dyed indigo fabric. Pictures of the reverse to be posted when I feel motivated to remake the bed. Clearly, I got a little carried away with the blue and white stripe, as the quilt features leftover scraps from the duvet cover beneath (which I also made).